How much is VetFest 2020?
AVA Members: $290
International delegates: Members of these Associations can attend at member pricing:
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- British Veterinary Association (BVA)
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA)
- New Zealand Veterinary Association (NZVA)
- South African Veterinary Association (SAVA)
All pricing in Australian Dollars.
VetFest 2020 on-demand recorded sessions are RACE-approved for veterinary professionals across regions which recognise RACE approval from AAVSB.
Can I still register now that the live conference finished?
Yes! You can still purchase a ticket which gives you unrestricted access to watching any of the recorded lectures on-demand for 6 months from July, until midday Friday 22 January 2021.
Viewing the recorded lectures
How does VetFest work? Do I need to download any special software?
VetFest 2020 recorded lectures are viewable on most common internet browsers that you use regularly. No additional software is required to view, and you are not required to download any videoconferencing software.
How do the VetEd points work?
Each attendee can earn up to 36 structured* VetEd points for VetFest 2020. Points can be earned by watching talks live or on-demand over the next 6 mpnths. AVA members will have their points uploaded automatically.
During May, AVA contacted each state/territory Veterinary Board to request consideration of a similar approach for veterinarians in their state/territory.
*Response as of 5 June is as follows:
- Veterinary Practitioners Board of NSW – veterinarian participation in NSW in the virtual conference will be considered structured learning.
- Veterinary Surgeons Board of Queensland – the QLD Board supports the proposal for veterinarians’ attendance at VetFest 2020 via videoconference to be recorded as structured learning.
- ACT Veterinary Practitioners Board – Agreed that participation in the AVA’s virtual conference will be considered structured learning for ACT registrants.
- Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board of Victoria – Board agreed to recognise attendance at the conference, be it online or offline, as structured learning for CPD purposes
- Veterinary Surgeons Board of South Australia – Board agreed that SA veterinarians who attend VetFest sessions ‘real time’ (live-streamed) can claim 1 point per 1 hour.
- Veterinary Board of the Northern Territory – CPD is not legislated as mandatory in the NT however under the Veterinarians Code of Conduct they have a duty to maintain contemporary professional standards and must advise each renewal year that they have completed some form of CPD.
- Veterinary Board of Tasmania – The Tasmanian Veterinary Service Standards do not currently include specific requirements in relation to CPD. Rather, there is a broad requirement to maintain professional knowledge under the VSS3/2016: Standard of Professional Conduct.
- Veterinary Surgeons' Board Western Australia – There is currently no requirement for veterinary surgeons to complete any CPD. Whilst it’s very much encouraged, there is no specified amount or recording of what they do.
Can we do a watch party at our practice? If so, how will VetEd points be calculated?
If you purchase a teams membership your VetEd Points will be allocated to the registered delegate only.
- Register 5 - 10 staff and receive a 5% discount = $275.50 per delegate
- Register 11 - 50 staff and receive a 10% discount = $261 per delegate
- Register 51 - 199 staff and receive a 15% discount = $246.50 per delegate
- Register over 200 staff and receive a 20% discount = $232 per delegate
- All attendees need to be an AVA member and from the same team/practice
- Register all your attendees at once in a group booking
- Payment for the group booking needs to be taken in one credit card transaction
Is there a student or recent graduate price?
No, VetFest 2020 is one price for all AVA members, $290.
Can I access the recording talks after the 6 month period?
Recorded lectures will not be viewable after the 6 month period, but conference proceedings will be available on the AVA Library for all members to access.
Are all of the talks recorded?
A majority of the speakers will be speaking live on the night and that presentation will be available on demand for 6 months for viewing later.
Will you be publishing a printed/USB proceedings document?
Proceedings are available in the ‘Resources’ section under each talk on the VetFest website. You can download these proceedings at any time.
What are the payment options, and can I be invoiced?
All payments must be made via credit card during the registration process. If you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I forgot my password or need help with something else during the conference
If you are having trouble logging in, please click the ‘Forgot your Password’ button to reset it - https://vetfest.ava.com.au/users/password/new
Have a question that you don't see here? Reach out to us at email@example.com